Join our server on Discord

Biggest surprise/dissapointment.
Biggest Surprises:
Crystalis: I bought this for very cheap at some game store out of town that still sells the old stuff. It's a wonderful action RPG on the NES, but it does a lot of things that makes it deeper its predecessors like Zelda. You have a larger world to explore, the graphics for an 8-bit game are spectacular, and variety of chargeable attacks and switch elements gives the game a bit of strategy element as well.

Okami: I saw it one day and thought the cover art looked amazing. Turned out to be one of my favorite games ever and not just on the PS2. They really pulled the cel-shaded look and ink brush mechanics well. The only issue I have is that it's kind of easy. Still loads of fun though.

Psychonauts: Found this at the local comic book store for a few bucks and I love it. While it's ho-hum in terms of platforming on the PS2, it's story and humor is what makes every moment worth it. Do yourself a favor and get this, everyone deserves to play through the Milkman Conspiracy.

Sparkster: I got this for three bucks, but it's worth way more than that. It's a really great SNES platformer made by some of the people who worked on Contra III. The graphics and music are outstanding and its a fairly fast game that tries to vary it's levels up. Heck, one of them plays out like a space shooter as you whiz through space with a jetpack.

Biggest Disappointments:

Final Fantasy X: Actually, I agree with you, Cowboy. I didn't care for it either. I liked the world and story, but I hated most of the characters. That and the difficulty just got ridiculous after the second Seymour fight. Damn Yunalesca and her Mega Death spell, talk about cheap. Oh, and lets not forget about that awkward laugh scene. XP

Mortal Kombat II: I suppose it doesn't help that I suck at fighting games, but I can enjoy games like Street Fighter II and Tekken. However, I am not a fan of this game. I like the characters and hilarious amount of brutality, but I don't care for it as a game.

Paperboy: I rented this way back in the day on the Genesis and I got a copy for real cheap. I don't know if I was blissfully unaware when I was a kid, but this game is awful. Oh sure, the idea of playing a paperboy in a neighbor of psychos and Grim Reapers sounds fun enough. But no, I found it unforgiving and the controls...just terrible. At least the two games above had some redeeming qualities in my opinion.
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
Lady Devimon's Minions

Messages In This Thread
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Bee - 10-28-2009, 04:21 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Wisemon - 10-29-2009, 09:59 AM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Crimson Fox - 10-29-2009, 12:38 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Kurtz - 10-29-2009, 02:25 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Gol22 - 11-09-2009, 07:38 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Ryan - 11-18-2009, 12:51 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Lokki - 01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
RE: Biggest surprise/dissapointment. - by Kurtz - 03-12-2010, 01:21 PM