Join our server on Discord

What is the greatest games console of all time?
(01-26-2010 04:01 PM)Lost Requiem Wrote: This should go under the video games section.

Also, how are you going to measure greatness? If you measure by commercial success, the Nintendo DS wins hands down at over 100 million worldwide. If you measure by nostalgia, Famicom, Super Nintendo, and all those 4th generation consoles are going to win, then.

Wii and Nintendo DS are kicking ass in the sales departments, far above the competition and anything else the rest of the industry has tried to throw at them.

Best selling video game of all time is Wii Sports at 45 million units worldwide.
Agreed, economic success cannot reflect gamer opinion, especially when those are family consoles, not gaming consoles. Also, this:
[Image: prints_money_1_.gif]

In my opinion, the best console by gamer opinion has to be the Xbox 360. Why? Well at a low price and high game range it's a well balanced system, with lots of wonderful online features, a comfortable controller, a dedicated fanbase and it's a very popular choice.
However, i will admit that microsoft regains profits by charging stupidly high prices for add-ons such as wireless adapter and even games. It's even more rediculous that they felt the need to copy the Wii's Mii system and even are doing their own motion control fad system. As for more players, it does mean you'll run into a couple of douchebags but mute them and their ear raping can cease to be.
Finally, the best thing about this console is it's adaptability. Because most operating systems on a home computer are Microsoft, connecting the xbox to your computer couldn't be simpler, so more Machinima, funny game moments, creations, walkthroughs and achievements can be shared with friends. Another thing about this console too, they're customisable. Mine for example has a Halo faceplate and set of side stickers, which makes it look cool and stand out.

No other console that i know of tops this, not even my nostalgic Sega Genesis 16 bit.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds

Messages In This Thread
What is the greatest games console of all time? - by chikiwighi - 01-26-2010, 03:41 PM
RE: What is the greatest games console of all time? - by Guilmon and a shotgun - 01-27-2010, 02:09 AM