Join our server on Discord

Shin Megami Tensei RPG: Digitized Terror.
You've had enough of this, haven't you? Give it to him!

Hakatsu was trembling now, but he didn't know why. The voice of his instincts was telling him to give the person before him something, but what? Was this what the other him was trying to convey? He shouldn't have to think before reacting all the time. What was his will? It definitely wasn't strong, if it existed at all. He moved in the direction his foster family steered him. With interactions with other people, his lack of contribution--lack of will to speak or communicate--caused him to have less friends than most people. So how could he honestly stand there and say that HE of all people had a strong will when there were so many others who could truly proclaim that?

How can I say something like that!! The thought roared through his mind.

He walked up slowly to his shadow self and looked right into his eyes, his own brows furrowed in anger, but a slight smile upon his face appeared in response to the happiness he had found in the truth. "I am a waste of space upon this earth," he said gently. "But I won't let a jackass like you tell me that!!" He raised a fist and slammed it with everything he had into his other self's cheek. All the anger fueled his blow; he didn't know if it was the right thing to do, but he knew now. Being the way he was, emotionless and indifferent, wasn't going to let him get very far in life. By that, he would be steeped in depression for the rest of his existence, just like the shadow self said.

"I hope I showed you," he said. "I hope I showed you that my will may not have been strong, but it does exist. The truth you have spoken is something that has taken root in my heart." He placed a hand over his heart in emphasis. "And it will never leave me. I guess I should say thank you for it, so I will." He bowed deeply. "Thank you so much. Know that I might not change on the outside, the message you have placed in my soul will forever remain there, and I will be aware of that option, should I wish my life to have meaning...once again."
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA

Messages In This Thread
RE: Shin Megami Tensei RPG: Digitized Terror. - by Masquerade - 08-09-2010, 11:05 AM