Join our server on Discord

Warring Parrellels
The digital being opened his mouth as if to say something, but stopped before he could actually say anything. "I have no idea. I'm boned if I don't get paid for at least one of these fleshbags! This job stinks!" He crossed his arms and snorted. "-Well, at least it's not as boring as being a movie, music and videogame pirate." He added, recalling his not so glorious past profession.

Frisk peeled himself off the ground with the use of a spatula, and blowing into his thumb, popped back to his original shape. "Gee Kole! You have to lay off the Coco Pops!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"A psychic indeed. It's impressive what you can do, even under pressure." The raptor complimented him calmly. Curiously, the debris would stop in mid-directory, piling up around him in a radius that could be measured as the length of his arm and his sword, away from his body. It appeared as if he was simply standing still, but in reality, he was flashing his sword around at such rapid speed that his movement could not be perceived by the unaided eye.

His sword, Ephemeral, passed right through the debris, leaving them undamaged, but it cuts through the psychic and kinetic energy and momentum that hurled them at Goro, stopping them in dead in their tracks so they dropped like stones all around the swordsman.

Goro leaped over the circle of debris that formed around him and slowly walked toward the psychic. He was glad it was he and not Haxx or Frisk who had gone to retrieve the human, as Haxx would probably have been knocked out by that attack, and Frisk would've probably returned with something different entirely. Kole would've had the necessary agility to evade all that, he assumed, but he himself had a better chance of bringing him back unharmed.
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Kole sighed scratching the back of his neck,"I'm wondering why they want these humans anyway..." he frown nudging an unconsious humsn with his foot,"We can come back tomorrow, they won't be expecting another raid so soon...," With a curious glance he looked back behind him at Frisk. "Sorry, but innmy defense you are a lot easier to glatten than a regular person."

--------------

Drake's eyes widened at the other's display. His attack... completely ineffective... "No..." he took a step back. He couldferl his link to his poeer snap as the reality of the situation hit him, and panic set in. "No, no, no..." He took as many steps back as Goro took towards him. That was, until he tripped. Letting out a startled gasp he fell backwards onto his rear. "No, no... please don't hurt me..." he pleaded looking at the ground,"please..."
The world is one twisted fucked up place, bring a hard hat and an open mind when you leave the safety of your house.

[Image: sigya.png]
"Yeah... I guess..." Haxx sighed, casting his gaze around him to inspect the damage done by the explosion. "Damn it Frisk, why'd you have to go and throw dynamite around with the slightest provocation?" He grumbled, pulling his pants up as they were beginning to slip down his smooth, slender hips. The coyote had just randomly lit and thrown a cluster of explosives at a random structure because someone had mentioned that capturing humans was 'a blast'.

"In my defense... Shut up!" The toonyote rebutted. "And you're right... I really have to get into the habit of chasing roadrunners like my uncle does! It keeps us fit! But I oh so looove cookies! You don't have to chase them, and they don't cause you grievous bodily harm!" Frisk replied at Harold's defense. "And they taste better than those no good roadrunners too."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Listen, as long as I have Ephemeral," Goro drew the sword from it's saya in one fluid motion, holding it in front of him or emphasis, "Your psychic powers are no more than a mild nuisance to me." He said in a low, quiet tone. "Now either I'm going to use it to knock you out, use a different sword to chop your limbs off so I can carry you back without a fuss, or you can walk right beside me on your own accord." He drew a straightsword, the one called Force of Nature. "Please make your decision now."
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Kole let out a sigh as he rubbed at the metal bands around his arms, the glow softly leaving them. "So, instead of chasing roadrunners you decide to help out in capturing humans... well they are slow..." he sighed deeply stretching his arms up into the air and leaned backwards, cracking his back. "Well, when Goro get's back we'll head back to base, try our luck for tomorrow..." he trailed off before pointing at Frisk,"-and no explosives!"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Drake looked up slowly. His eyes losing some of the desperation they had before. "I'll... come quietly..." he replied slowly standing up. It wasn't like he had much choice, the alternatives were... undesirable... going into a coma or bleeding to death were very appealing. "Lead the way..." he continued holding out his hands, palms up, purple sparks were dancing among the flesh before they dispersed and vanished.
The world is one twisted fucked up place, bring a hard hat and an open mind when you leave the safety of your house.

"Yeah... I guess we can pack it up from here." Haxx sighed, picking up his rifle. "I really wanted to use this this time though!" He patted the firearm affectionately and tossed it aside. This time, it vanished into 0s and 1s, along with his tranquilizer dart bandoleer.

"Aww..." Frisk's ears drooped in disappointment as Kole had pointed at him just as he was about to chuck an over-sized grenade at a spider. He stuck the pin back in dully and pocketed it in his fur, where his pockets would be if he wore pants. This made Haxx's head hurt. Cartoon Physics is messed up! He didn't even want to get started on the anatomies!

It had only been a few seconds of silence when Frisk spoke up again. "Hey! I came up with a really cool theme song for us! Wanna hear?"

"No." Haxx replied dully.

"Great!" The little coyote cleared his throat and prepared to sing. "Mi-mi-mi-miiii... ready?" He inhales, "We're Kole, Goro, Frisk and Haxxxx, We're Kole,Goro, Frisk and Haaaaxx! We're strong, cool and funny, and do stuff for money, we're Kole, Goro, Frisk and HAXX!" The little toon sang in a very familiar tune. "Ta-DAH!!!" He got down on one knee and performed a jazz-hands.

"You totally ripped that off from Popeye."

"No I didn't!" Frisk squeaked, flailing his arms. "I changed the words and everything!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The raptor waved Drake's hands away as he sheathed Force of Nature. "That won't be necessary. If you won't fight back, I won't hurt you. Simple as that." He said, placing an arm around his waist and herding him back toward the group. "You made a wise decision, human."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Frisk spotted Goro returning with their trophy through the binocular shape he made with his paws. Strangely, the human was not knocked out, like what he normally did to them. "Guys guys guys guys!!" He lowered his paws from his eyes, revealing that they had taken a rather telescopic shape before popping back into his skull. "Goro's back!!" He said excitedly, flailing his arms around frantically. "More importantly, do you think he'll like our new theme song?"

"It's not our new theme song!!"

"Hmm... I wonder if he watches Popeye..." The toonyote ignored the digital being as he scratched his chin. Hopefully he wouldn't recognize the tune!
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
OOC:

Name: Kail
Species: Human
Abilities: A minor affinity for magic that may get stronger, however, knows no spells at this time.
Appearance:[Image: fyl74g.jpg]
Orientation: Gay
Position: Sub

IC:

Kail had always been the quiet one, either picked on or ignored. Sitting in the middle of a burning camp, he couldn't say which he would have chosen for himself on this day. He knew that the "others" were the ones who had attacked, and that they had a habit of taking people as war prizes, but not even the fear of being captured or burned alive could keep him from his attempt to rescue his small book collection from the building he was in before the fire spread.
Kole sat on the hood of a ruined card, his left foot propped up on his knees and he began picking glass shards out of the sole of his shoe. He tuned out the other two as he began humming. After a few moments though he stopped moving. "Hey... - " he began, his fingers tracing along the edges of the glass shard within his hands," -human reinforcements should have been here by now..." his gaze turned upwards. "Is it possible we attacked an unarmed settlement...?" apparently the thought bothered him. "No..." he shook his head slowly and began mumbling to himself,"they are just busy with the fire..."

- - - - - - - - - - -

Drake's body tensed up when the other's arm looped around his waist. A frown crossed his features as he finally relaxed and began walking along. Ignore the overgrown lizard, pretend this isn't happening. Pretend everything is fine. Pretend it was a year ago... His shoulders slumped forwards and his head hung down, his chin pressed against his own chest. He continued walking, being guided Goro's arm. He felt his other senses dull and become almost non-existent. The smell of smoke, the sound of fire crackling, the feel of heat and the other's arm. All of these feelings were muted as his consciousness reached out into the air and grew.

No... he didn't mean to activate it now... but he may as well look around a bit as long as he was at it.

What better place than to start than the consciousness closest to him? Drake stretched out his own mind and wrapped around the mind of the swordsman. It was like his mind was being plunged into cold water. The human's breathing physically hitched as his mind was bombarded with so much information. Reflexes, techniques, all the different types of- No. It was to much information, he had back out. He withdrew from the swordsman's mind.

Right, no more entering someone's mind, it was always an information overload. Better with just skimming the surface... Shaking his head mentally Drake moved on, spreading his sixth sense further he could feel the others' presence. The two unconscious humans with them where dead to his senses at the moment. Moving on he froze. Another human mind, so close to the group, in such danger of being caught. Instinctively he felt himself slipping into the human's mind, but he didn't make the mistake of enter it. Just reading his current thoughts and emotions.

His name was Kail.
Fire. Loneliness. Fear. Books. A collection? He knew the danger. Did he know how close he was to the danger though?

NO! RUN!!

The unspoken message bounced along all the minds between Drake and the un-captured human. It was like someone yelled within their heads, and the voice was unmistakably Drake's. The sudden panic sent his sixth sense reeling back into his body. Backlash. Drake's head shoot up and his eyes snapped open and his breathing was heavy. No. No. No. He shouldn't have done that. He should have tried sending a subtle message. Now it was like he put a beacon in everyone's head to the location he sent the message to. Like a blip on the radar. He watched Goro's reaction from the corner of his eye, hoping that he somehow didn't notice.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NO! RUN!!

Kole's body froze and he dropped the shard in his hands. "Did you hear that...?" he asked hesitantly before glancing behind him. He didn't know how he knew, but he knew another human wasn't far away. "I'll be right back!" he dashed up between two burning buildings. Not far away he stopped seeing Kail. "Wow..." quickly, before the other could notice, he snuck up behind the other and wrapped his arms around the human's body. One hand clapped firmly over the other's mouth, his other arm pinning the other's arms to his side. "Hello... I'm sorry about this..." he whispered into the others ear before hoisting the teen up and over his shoulder, arms wrapped around Kail's waist, his metal bands were glowing again as he made his way back the group, a wavering smile on his lips. "Found another one!" he called out. "Well... I didn't find him... but whatever shouted in my head did..."

- - - - - - - - - - -

((Sorry if this post seemed to move on a little fast))

Moments before Kole caught him, Kail managed to stuff a single book into his bag, his surprise at hearing the voice in his head prevented him from reacting as swiftly as he should have, so he was easily taken. Great.. So now I'm crazy, AND I'm a prisoner... What else could go wrong? he thought, not even putting up a token resistance against his captor. Even as his instincts suggested attempting to fight, he forced himself to think it through, escaping now would only be temporary, if done at the right time however, it could be permanent.
Frisk, Goro and Haxx had reacted to the voices in their head at the same time, turning to face the same general direction Kail was.

"I'll go with ya!" Haxx said, sprinting after the monkey. He was just so bored now!

Frisk was left behind with the two unconscious humans, holding his paws together awkwardly. "Uh... a-alright, guys! I'll just uhm, watch these two! Yes sir! You can count on me!"

- - - - - - - - - - -

"That sounded like your voice in my head, human." Goro mused. "No matter. That straggler you tried to save will have been captured by my comrades by the time we get back."

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Well whadaya know?" Haxx chuckled, lifting the humans chin to examine his face as Kole held him up. "We actually got another one! Say- d'ya think he was looking for something valuable in there?" He looked back at where Kail had been rummaging. Licking his reptilian muzzle at the thought of extra money, he decided to stay back as fire spread to the building. "You go on ahead. I'll check the place out for loot." He said, and started rooting around.

- - - - - - - - - - -

"Uhm, cool!" The coyote gave Kole a thumbs up as he returned with the human. "Nothing interesting happened while you were gone! Yep! Yes sir! Nothing at all!" He let out a little forced laugh, hoping no one would notice that the two unconscious humans Goro had brought in were replaced by two sacks of potatoes with buckets for heads and brooms for arms.

Goro returned with Drake at roughly the same time. He did not look pleased.
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Drake shoot a look at Goro that would make the more polite members of society gasp and faint in result. "I know. I screwed up. Hmm, so your swords' names are Wargod Styulus, Slicing Phantasm. Doppelganger, Force of Nature and Ephemeral. Hmmm, cute you gave them names," he tone was rather vile when he said this. Acid practically dripped from his voice. Why did he just do that? Maybe because people usually felt unsettled when they knew he could access their mind, and he wanted Goro to feel the same? When the two arrived along with Kole and Kail he looked at Kail with apology filled eyes and he mouth the word, Sorry.

Kole stopped and frowned. "Frisk... where are the two humans?" he spoke slowly as he stared at the two sacks of potatoes. "You couldn't have seriously lost them... they were unconscious for heaven's sake!" His arms tightened around Kail's waist slightly as he turned his body in both directions as if he would spot the humans that way.

Drake frowned seeing the poor excuses for human dummies. Now he was curious. How did this... rather small coyote... was it a coyote? Anyway, how did the coyote lose them? The temptation was to great, it always was after. Letting out a long sigh he closed his eyes and stretched his own mind towards the toon's. Well that was unexpected. Here is a tip, never try reading the mind of a toon. "Ehehehehe..." Drake began chuckling and he opened his eyes. His laughter grew harder and louder and he bent forwards clutching his stomach. "Wow... this is just to great!" His noise volume lowered somewhat when he began speaking though. "I can't believe you lost them, so in exchange for gaining one more human you lost two!" He turned from the group, obviously trying to stifle his own laughter. Now it just seemed painful, his eyes were filled with panic but he was still laughing. Hysteria? "Nice going leaving the other humans alone with the toon!"