Join our server on Discord

Infiltration
NOTE: This is the sixth installment of the Touched mini-series. If you have not read the other five, I highly suggest you do so.

WARNING: This work contains suggestive content not suitable for those under the age of 18, and while not graphic, the intense nature of the series as a whole speaks for itself and should not be viewed by those underage or who cannot withstand the content. Also, Pokemon is not an original content thought up by me, but rather copyrighted to Nintendo, GameFreak, and whoever else might have a stake in it. Point is, it's not mine.

~ I N F I L T R A T I O N ~

The day was bright once again. A small cluster of Wingull had gathered at the dock, enjoying the sea breeze while a couple of Lotad that had been early to rise walked in the shallows, the warm, salty water playing around their small legs. Timothy crossed the sands until he stood before the passageway that he knew was hidden by an illusion in the mountain. He turned to see Damien Herschel, waving enthusiastically. The old man had made him promise to visit after the whole mess with Deerfield and Zoroark was cleared up and he intended to keep it. He then looked down at Despair who merely nodded before both proceeded into the mountain. The passageway was dark as usual, and the faint light at the other end marked another overcast day for the Danlor that was trapped in an illusion.

The mission was simple. They were to enter the town under a guise they had thought up, or rather, one that Despair had been working on ever since the beginning when he was working on his master plan to lure Timothy towards the truth. After a hopefully successful entry, they were then to infiltrate the cathedral which would be easy enough, but there was no telling what Archbishop Deerfield knew or didn't know. He could have guards around the cathedral, or even around the whole town. It depended on how close he kept in contact with Mismagius. Despair had surmised that the two couldn't have communicated too much seeing as how no one ever left the village, and with the archbishop's new law, that became even more true. The real trouble would be when they had to confront the archbishop and inevitably battle him and his Zoroark companion.

"He's a weaver of illusions...," Timothy muttered as he and Despair departed the passageway and began trekking along the forest path towards the village. "And all of this...the forests and the mountains--it's unbelievable."

"Yes, his powers are certainly exceptional, even for one of his kind," Despair remarked, though obviously not very happy about the fact. "Caution will be needed when facing him; Zoroark tend to rely on trickery and cheap tactics to defeat their foes with illusion being the number one technique on the gambit. Listen to me, if you suspect yourself of being trapped in an illusion while facing him, I want you to take this stone...and cut yourself until you bleed," Despair explained, taking out what appeared to be an old arrowhead from a small pouch around his neck.

Timothy took it, but eyed the pouch strangely. "How long have you had that? And how did you get it?" he questioned.

"This was from the days before this place was trapped," Despair responded easily. "It was a present from someone I was very close to; I saved her child from a flock of wild Sparrow. This was my reward. She called me the guardian of the village," he continued and choked on the last words, breaking into a laugh. "Danlor wasn't exactly a paradise, but it was much nicer than what it has become today. Humans and pokemon banded together to ward off those who wished harm upon the island...and we were very successful. This memento is just to remind of that past...and hopefully, of the future."

Timothy smiled at him and said nothing more. He knew that Despair was going to be focused on this objective, so he had to be too. "I want you to know that I take back the meaning behind your name...," he said, still smiling. "You may have caused me despair in the past, but that's over now. Now your name is a warning to the enemies of peace to whom you will bring nothing but utter despair."

Despair nodded. "Sounds right fine to me. I'll...make sure I try my best to live up to the name," he replied and continued to pad along the forest path with his trainer.

Eventually, the duo crossed the little creek and wound up at the wrought-iron gates of the western gate. The guards were in shock once they saw Tim, and with a pokemon, no less! One of the guards rubbed his eyes.

"Holy shit, Tim! We really thought you weren't coming back!" the guard said, extending his hand so Tim could take it and shake it, which the boy did.

"I had to take care of a certain troublemaker; I'm surprised you guys didn't hear about it," Tim said, starting the operation. Success would revolve around how easily it would be to fool anyone they came across.

"Troublemaker? Haven't heard of anything in particular lately...," the other guard spoke.

Tim gestured to Despair. "It was this fellow. He's a member of the pack whose leader had ruined my life. He refused to take me to the leader, but said he felt sorry for me and for all the parts he played in the plan. He's the one that helped disable the guards at the time of my rape. So I told him he'd have to spend his life in servitude to me, and thus he became my pokemon."

Despair barked in what appeared to be a sad, ashamed nature.

The first guard raised an eyebrow. "I see. Then it seems you've become a trainer, Tim. Congrats!" he exclaimed jovially, gesturing towards the road. "Well come on it; don't be a stranger."

"Is Archbishop Deerfield taking audiences today? I'd like to tell the story to him so he knows that there's one less threat lurking in that accursed forest," Tim asked. He really did hate the forest, so it wasn't too hard to sound genuinely angry.

"I don't think he's taking audiences today, but this is pretty important. I'd ask his assistant if you can speak to him in his office," the first guard replied, returning to his post.

Tim nodded his head in thanks and proceeded down the road towards the cathedral at the center of town along with Despair. It had appeared to be an easy mission so far, but had the Archbishop caught wind of what Timothy was up to in the forest? Surely he would have known that the boy had gone missing for the night. Timothy approached the large, wooden doors of the cathedral and opened them slowly. The pews were empty and only one of the cardinals of the church was flipping through some scripture at the altar. Timothy and Despair approached the old fellow. Tim bowed his head respectfully.

"Cardinal, may I request a visit with Archbishop Deerfield? It is a matter of somewhat relative importance," Timothy inquired.

The old cardinal looked him over. "Aaah, you're Timothy Lancaster, aren't you? Strange. His Excellency has been expecting you. Please, proceed to the Hall of Bells on the top floor. He said he was quite worried about you; you have to give the guy credit for loving his subjects," the man answered and sighed happily. He gestured to a staircase at the left side of the room.

"Thank you sir," was all he said before walking over to it and climbing it. That was it. Their cover was blown. Deerfield knew there was something up. The staircase was long and after a short while, started spiraling upwards. At the top, the duo was met with a short bridge that led to a marvelous door made of granite with beautiful golden bell designs carved into it.

"Are you ready, Tim?" Despair asked, his eyes set for what rested beyond the mighty door.

"There's no turning back now," he said, and with a hefty shove, listened as the stone doors slowly opened, scraping against the floor of the other side.

What appeared before him placed him in a state of shock. He didn't even realize that Despair wasn't with him anymore, or that the doorway he had just passed through had disappeared. All that remained was him and the horrid scene before him. His thoughts were thrown into a frenzy and he didn't know what to do. He couldn't even form words to voice his panic. Though the sounds of the scene were vivid and full of life, for just a split second, there was nothing to hear.

Just silence.

~ E N D ~

(For now...)

Cliffhanger. I'm not writing anymore installments.

Okay, I'm just jerking your cock. I will be writing the next one soon. XD Prepare for some HumanxZoroark action of the yaoi persuasion. ^ ^
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
CLIFFHAAAANGER!! *Dramatically raises a fist and screams at the thunderous skies*

Another well written piece, and I've started to grow quite fond of Despair! XD Not that I wasn't already- darn sexy Mightyena... I can't help but dread the next instalment! T^T It feels like it's all about to end! Well, at least I've been there from start to finish! ^ ^ Is this where the climax reaches its peak?
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers
Yeah, the next couple of installments will definitely be the climax followed by a more subtle conclusion. I predict three more installments: Illusion, Ferocity, and Touched: Epilogue. So I hope you and anyone else who might be lurking the story is prepared~~ ^ ^
[Image: Makasiggey.gif]

~Death is Sweet. Embrace it.~

Thank you, Dwaggy, for the signature~!

The OCA
*Flails arms around frantically* No amount of "Oh my god"s can even hint at how excited I am about it. X3
[Image: self_centered_coyote_by_kerol-d2zmoca.png]
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!"
Creative Minds
Gabumon Loverz
Lady Devimon's Minions
Renamon's Army
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
The Sabre Clan
Veemon's Followers