Join our server on Discord

What do you make of this info on Season 5?
This is from the site Digimon Hybrid:
I just called up Mr.John Louie (the creator of digimon). He said that they are working on season 5 right now. The show will be released next summer. There will be new characters, new worlds, new boost cards, new digimon, and more! He said that Digimon Force: 3 was supposed to be season 4, not season 5. It was because when the first episode reached Japan, no one liked it and he didn't have many producers helping him. But since season 4 became a big hit, more producers applied to help make Digimon Force: 3. It's showing in Japan right now but I'm not sure of the channel. The company is currently translating the whole show to English and is not far right now. The show is estimated to be about 124 episodes. That's all for now! See ya next time on Digimon Hybrid News!

As we know, Digimon Force:3 is a toyline from Bandai but could this be true at all? What do you guys think...fact or horsecrap?
[Image: Ikuto_Peckmon4_Ever.jpg]
"I'll keep you safe...forever."
Peckuto
...sorry, but that sounds EXTREMELY unbelievable.
That's all the proof I need!

Naw, let's just wait a little while.
The creator of Digimon is called "John Louie"? o_O;;;
And "Force 3" has been in the Rumor Mill like... FOREVER. I think it's been one of the first rumors about Season 5.

And I pray to God that this doesn't kick loose ANOTHER "Absolutely confirmed Season 5 info!" wave. Can't you just wait until TOEI announces Digimon?

Edit:
Besides, if it was airing in Japan, don't you think that there was A BIT of official information? Or even a fansub? Or ANYTHING?
And 124 episodes... no. That would be more than 01 and 02 COMBINED.
HA! I love these season 5 nuts that make up fake info
hahahahahahaha. Sorry I will not offend you but I lough my ass off.

This is one of the biggest lies I ever heard.

After all, it makes my mood better.

I just can give you one little hint. Don't believe everything you hear. And the fact "John Louie" created Digimon shows me it is just another evil fake.

Not sure about his name, but I think the creator's name is Akiyoshi Hongo or so...
O.O;

Look at all that bullsh!t.

One, Digimon was created by Akiyoshi Hongo. Don't believe me, pick up ANY official Digimon product listing copyright, and his name is there next to Toei Animation Inc.

Two, Digimon is NOT currently being aired in Japan. If it was, I'd have raw episodes of it a day or two after it aired. And it would air on Fuji Television, so station would not be in doubt either.

Three, Force Three was a creation of Bandai of America to cash in on America's greater fanbase than what the Japanese had with Frontiers. Force Three did NOT exist when season four began.

Yes, Digimon Frontiers was better received in America than in Japan. However, it's the FAILURE of Frontiers to draw the Japanese audiance that led to Digimon being placed on hiatus while trying to decide how to make the series new and interesting.

Four, Japanese television companies NEVER purchase more than a year's worth of 52 episodes at a time. If it's going good enough to continue, they'll buy more when that season is about to end. Yes, Digimon did plan to go for six seasons AT ITS HEIGHT, but after Tamers jumped over kids heads using Quantum Physics to explain the D-Reaper, Digimon's popularity went downhill FAST. And it's not Fuji Television with the six season contract, but Saban Ent. being an American company that bought into having six seasons.

Five, any news on Digimon Season Five will come from V-Jump. And if there is a new season of Digimon on the horizon, we'll hear about it in the next issue or two. If we don't, then Digimon will have at least another six month wait before it could begin a new season.
Remember kids: never go into the actual chat sections on the board, ever.
I might be outa place here but this guy i know, emailed toei and after a long wait, he recieved word that they would make a series 5 and 6 only if sales go up.

Plus they would also aim for the characters to a bit older.

Does that clear a few things up?
I'm going to address this point by point. "R::" means "Rumor", "F::" means "Fact".

R:: I just called up Mr.John Louie (the creator of digimon).
F:: Whoever Mr. John Louie is, he did not create Digimon. The creator of Digimon is Akiyoshi Hongo, and his name appears on every proper copyright from the series, toys, cards, and anything else related to Digimon. Mr. John Louie sounds like a liar or an artificial name.

R:: He [Mr John Louie] said that they are working on season 5 right now. The show will be released next summer.
F:: If the show is currently in the works, official word will come from Japan within approximately two months. The show will not premiere in America during the summer, because American TV companies don't premiere new children's shows during the summer -- they start them during the beginning of other seasons, from Late August through the beginning of November (when ratings are taken). Alternately they will premiere them in January or February, after the Christmas holidays (ratings are also taken during February).

R:: There will be new characters, new worlds, new boost cards, new digimon, and more!
F::
New characters: Obvious.
New worlds: Probably.
New Boost Cards: I highly doubt it, even if the following info (Digimon: Force 3) is correct, I doubt this is a continuance of Tamers, and with the Cards being fairly limited to that world it's unlikely we'll see cards again., at least in the show.
New Digimon: Again this is a given, every season introduces some new Digimon.
... And More!: Well, they do need to make it fresh and new.

R:: He said that Digimon Force: 3 was supposed to be season 4, not season 5.
F:: No, This is completely false. Digimon: Force 3 is only a line of toys targeting American fans of the Power Rangers-like Season Four (Digimon Frontier) after it had premiered. There have been only rumors of Force 3 being the subtitle of Digimon Series 5, and noen of those even from Japan.

R:: It was because when the first episode reached Japan, no one liked it and he didn't have many producers helping him.
F:: Shows are not dubbed from English animators into Japanese and then dubbed from that into English. Very few shows even achieve being dubbed from English into Japanese, and most of those are cable or satellite programs, since Japanese Network Television is filled with plenty of native programs.

R:: But since season 4 became a big hit, more producers applied to help make Digimon Force: 3.
F:: It's not a matter of producers. It's a matter of whether TOEI liked it or not. If they were making it, it would be produced by animation studios/groups within TOEI.

R:: It's showing in Japan right now but I'm not sure of the channel. The company is currently translating the whole show to English and is not far right now.
F:: This contradicts the earlier statement that the show won't come until Summer. Even assuming Summer 2004 to be close to now, the show has not begun in Japan, or else RAW and Fansubbed episodes would be available online by now.

R:: The show is estimated to be about 124 episodes.
F:: For a Japanese animated series that's more than two full seasons -- in fact, it's Two seasons and half of a third, at the best. Many televised animations in Japan only get around half that many episodes or less over a season, only the most popular (and thus those divided among different animation teams) get a new episode every week for a full year.

Renafan Wrote:As we know, Digimon Force:3 is a toyline from Bandai but could this be true at all? What do you guys think...fact or horsecrap?

This is bigger crap than my brother churns out, and that's saying a lot. It's as reliable as my season five rumor, but at least I made the effort to avoid making any flaws in mine this obvious.