Join our server on Discord

Poll: Do the lemons need an editor?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
90.00%
9 90.00%
No
10.00%
1 10.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Lemon editing
Now maybe it is just me, but sometimes it is really annoying to stumble over sentences in lemons. Although the story is often good, it seems that some authors have no sense of spelling or grammer. I think that some lemons should have editors to fix major grammatical and spelling errors. Yes, I would offer my services in the matter. It would be good practice for my college english classes. Tell me what you think.
Yeah I agree. While most lemons are correct in spelling in grammar a few can use some touching up. This idea has been brought up before, but I heard problems with it. Like one person reported that he sent his work to someone to check and they stole the work and said it was their own. Another was that this person recieved a request to check a lemon and did so, but the writer used the old non-checked version with no explanation or reason as if it they never sent the lemon to be checked in the first place.
one reason I stopped writing, coz my english sucked and nobody wanted to help me. so if i ever will write some again, i might come back to you.
I've offerfed
Quote:I've offerfed
The extra 'f' stands for "fuck you"?

Hey, this is my 1200th post.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
No need to start the same thread in multiple sections. Not closing either one, but please keep it in mind in the future. Aside from that, hey there! Hope you'll have a good time here :D

I can put your name on the Lemonaid page if you like.
Aside from that, you should not edit and resubmit lemons unless the author knows and approves. Yes, some lemons do need an editor/spellchecker/proofreader, but that doesn't give you or anybody else the right to just modify work that is the property of the author. If you see an extreme case, contact the author and offer him/her your services.
In reply to DV85:
Several things could be done to prevent such situations from occuring in the future. For example, An unedited lemon could be sent to say... the sit admin, that way, if the editor tried to submit the work as his/her own, the admin would know, and could ban that user.

In reply to Chibi Renamon:
Sorry, I put the poll here first, and then I decided that it would be of better use in the Author's Den. I will try to prevent such slip-ups in the furture. As for un-authorized editing, I am far to lazy Wink to edit a lemon unless the author asks me to, in which case I would be more than happy to help. Speaking of which, I might as well say here that lemons which you wish for me to edit may be sent to cgensler@mesastate.edu.
Wisemon Wrote:

My God your an ass
hhvorausgesagt Wrote:
Wisemon Wrote:

My God your an ass

Hey hey hey lets not call each other names. Just FIGHT!
Hey, hey, I'm in the lemonaid section... wish granted I guess.