Join our server on Discord

I hate writing shit; it is so stupid
"Momentai" looses its meaning in the first series univerce, as no-one has heard it, so Tai made up his own meaning.

I like water, and rivers. I cross a bridge on my way to town everyday; looking across it I can see the swans and sunlight reflecting in it, and, more recently, pink and geen trees on the riverbank. Tai and Matt always proclaim their love for one another next to a lake or river in yaoi fanfiction; I take the micky out of that clishe.

Corresponding narration to dialogue is always a problem. Reading and writing variations of "said" repeatedly makes me feel childish. My Series is proving very difficult in that respect due to the volume of characters.

That's for the review, Wise, I'm enjoying the feedback.
We've got some new authors for the broiler, starting with Gatomon Tamer. Best I can figure, this guy likes Zoe, and he likes yuri; now if only he knew how to write for either of them. This guy calls Red Rover an inspiration in his/her notes, and I can see how he's got the quantity over quality and lemon over plot thing down perfectly.

Quote:This made her wonder where Gatomon and Palamon were.
Where did Palamon go? More importantly, where did Palamon come from?

Quote:A plant fairy Digimon stood there and Zoe knew that was better and this was going to be fun.
Better than what? Ezra?

Quote:Oh and by the way be on the look out for when I do my Mega-lemon where I combine all females from every season through Time Warp so the older selves can meet their younger selves and vice versa.
No, you need at least twenty pages to qualify as a Mega-lemon.

Quote:They all started liking, and sucking.
I'm not liking, if you just keep sucking.

Because he (or she) is writing for Zoe in a way that doesn't pair her with Takuya or Kouji, I can't grade anything under a 5/10, but that is my grade: 5/10.
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
I know what you mean Wise. Lately we've been getting new authors almost every update yet none of them seem to be anything more then mediocore to average. It makes me wonder if we should update the lemonaid contacts if that would even help.
DV85 Wrote:Lately we've been getting new authors almost every update yet none of them seem to be anything more then mediocore to average. It makes me wonder if we should update the lemonaid contacts if that would even help.

Well of course they're average; do you expect the next Charles Dickens to pop in and say "Hallo, chaps"? People improve their writing by writing for a long time. I looked at an old Lord Archive fiction a month ago, and it was awful. I couldn't find a comparison between it and his current style. These newer fellows are writing their first lemons. In time, they'll grow, and find their styles and increase their ability. When the next Charles Dickens arrives, we won't notice. Maybe they're already here.

I think the new Reveiw Team, when we arrive, will be all they'll need in way of assistance.
Well put old chap, well put.
The fastest review ever:

Quote:This story contains a lot of sex and two girls bleeding out of there pussies almost until they die. If you are under 18 PLEASE don't read on.

Uh, "T-Bone" is it? Hey pal, thanks for the warning. Now good luck getting someone to read it.
I know that you saw me.
Quote:Well of course they're average; do you expect the next Charles Dickens to pop in and say "Hallo, chaps"? People improve their writing by writing for a long time. I looked at an old Lord Archive fiction a month ago, and it was awful. I couldn't find a comparison between it and his current style. These newer fellows are writing their first lemons. In time, they'll grow, and find their styles and increase their ability. When the next Charles Dickens arrives, we won't notice. Maybe they're already here.
I've gotten better too, a lot better, but at least my first few chapters were still ledgible. It shouldn't take so much to qualify as adequate.
I know that you saw me.
Wisemon Wrote:It shouldn't take so much to qualify as adequate.

Oh, yes. Certainly.
Wisemon Wrote:Wait, you think I'm too harsh on style? Have you seen some of Marine's reviews on the DHZ? I'm not nearly that critical. You need to think more relatively.

Don't confuse your definition of style with my reviews. I don't press being critical. They ask for an honest review and I give it to them. Unlike you, however, I describe what ditters a perfect score--setting or otherwise--and give them suggestions on how to improve their prose and style.

Never try to ostricize my critique style because your trying to defend some apathetic reason behind your curt reviews.

There are some things a writer can improve that doesn't effect style. It could dillute the stories full intentions without the writer knowing it. Things like repitition of phrases, stilted dialogue, reflections of actions, are all things nuetral--not related to style. Of all people, you could merit such a lesson, but that's another story.

I only enforce setting because it builds a novel. And when I see authors trying to convey it, I give them a push of flavor they could use for their own tastes.

So don't try and interpret my critques for your short comings.
Marine Wrote:
Wisemon Wrote:Wait, you think I'm too harsh on style? Have you seen some of Marine's reviews on the DHZ? I'm not nearly that critical. You need to think more relatively.

Don't confuse your definition of style with my reviews. I don't press being critical. They ask for an honest review and I give it to them. Unlike you, however, I describe what ditters a perfect score--setting or otherwise--and give them suggestions on how to improve their prose and style.

Never try to ostricize my critique style because your trying to defend some apathetic reason behind your curt reviews.

There are some things a writer can improve that doesn't effect style. It could dillute the stories full intentions without the writer knowing it. Things like repitition of phrases, stilted dialogue, reflections of actions, are all things nuetral--not related to style. Of all people, you could merit such a lesson, but that's another story.

I only enforce setting because it builds a novel. And when I see authors trying to convey it, I give them a push of flavor they could use for their own tastes.

So don't try and interpret my critques for your short comings.

The very fact that people can mistake your honest reveiws for harshness suggests to me that you need to work on your tone; you come over as very angry a lot of the time.

There's nothing wrong with suggesting improvements, but that isn't what Wise is setting out to do here; this is a selection of his impressions. I'd say he meets his objective well. He leaves improvement up to the author; it's not his job to stuff suggestions and the like down an author's throat. You and I have made suggestions a part of our own styles. This does not mean everyone should suggest what should be done. Some reveiwers prefer to leave improvements to the imaginations of the author, and to make them think.

Also, this is very strange, by the way, so I'm enquiring; are you asking Wisemon not to compare himself to you? Are you asking him to stop looking at your style, and his style, and then look at what makes them different? And then, have you gone on to compare his style with yours? It just seems very odd; it looks like you're attacking his reveiws to say why yours are good in comparison. I'm certain this isn't what you set out to do, is it?