Join our server on Discord

Why do you love digimon?
That's a wonderful question. I've asked myself that from time to time while I'm thinking about it at times where it is probably completely inappropriate to be thinking about Digimon. ;) I've also never been able to formulate an answer within those times, because I've always had to move on to something else.

So, here is the first, last, and definitive 'Why Cel likes Digimon'.

One aspect, coming from the perspective of a computer nerd, is definetly the technical aspect of it. Since the only thing I have to compare it to at the moment is Pokemon, so I'll use that. In Pokemon, you're asked to simply accept that they exist, and accept that they can perform these incredible feats that they do. In Digimon, at least there's an attempt at quantifying the whole phenomenon, esp. in Season 3; that these creatures are highly evolved and developed artificial intelligence programs who have developed the ability to emerge to the real world, synthesize proteins, and become living , breathing creatures.

Another aspect, which I think draws me to other anime as well (i.e, Saint Seiya, Inuyasha, FMA), is the power weilded by an individual, and how it is handled. I'm not quite sure why that appeals to me, but it does. ;)
Very nicely put. I'm too simple.. I just liked the drawings..even if Fox did strip it down..US ruins everything..parents need to shut the fuck up and leave shit alone. They ruin everything.
The OCA
Even with all of that 'stripping it down'...there are still some things that I am amazed managed to make it in.

For example, episode 17, season 3.

Renamon: Cool it, beefcake.
Vajramon: Ooooh, fiesty.
Renamon: You have no idea.
Vajramon: Let's find out, shall we?

That's just sketchy. Period. If I was a parent and walked by as my kid watching that, I'd be like...'wtf'?
Well I have heard rants from people saying that the uncut version was a hell of a lot better than what they showed on Fox.
The OCA
I've yet to see it. It's always been one of those things on my 'to do' list that I've never gotten around to.
well go on http://www.youtube.com and type in digimon tamers
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Ah, that's no fun. They have to be downloaded via torrent in half-decent resolution to be watched across my four screens!
well at least youtube is legal,unlike Some sites
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Cel Wrote:Even with all of that 'stripping it down'...there are still some things that I am amazed managed to make it in.

For example, episode 17, season 3.

Renamon: Cool it, beefcake.
Vajramon: Ooooh, fiesty.
Renamon: You have no idea.
Vajramon: Let's find out, shall we?

That's just sketchy. Period. If I was a parent and walked by as my kid watching that, I'd be like...'wtf'?

That's what's called subtle humor. The kids might not get it but adults might. It's in US cartoons sometimes.
yeah ive came in contact with that too
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds