Join our server on Discord

Why do you love digimon?
I don't like Digimon because of its characters, nor its stories. They've been used a dozen times or more and really aren't that original. The thing that's really interesting for me is seeing high tech societies come up with modernized versions of ideas that are from a completely different era in the human history. In our technocratic world, science and progress destroyed the belief in anything supernatural for most people. If it's scientifically unlikely or impossible, it doesn't and can't exist. A werewolf, a vampire can be exposed as result of hallucinations or the unconscious function of the brain to fill up incomplete mental images by association. A bat flies behind a wall and on the other side a pale man with a black cloak and brick red lips appears. A vampire is born.
Digimon avoids being condemned as untrustworthy by using the relations we gained over tenth of years from the increasing influence of computers and the digital method of functioning on our everyday life. We know computer animations, robots, apparently intelligent programs able to learn from what is told them, ect. Having all this in mind, the way to a real Digimon doesn't seem far (which of course is a false impression). The illusion that with our current course of developing technology further and further Digimon could one day theoretically be existing, belies the real scientific problems with artificial life, which are yet to be solved and hardly known to the public. But it's just a show. I don't need documentaric realism. If everything would be possible and explainable, Digimon would run on Discovery Channel.

Digimon, spawn of the zeitgeist.

Of course, there is much more to it than just what I wrote.

ASB
Vampireism and werewolfs are actually diseases. And it doesn't destroy anything like that, it would just be bad for business if they let it out that all of it did exist. :D
so...if you hate digimon...why are you here aurora sonic boom?? :?
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I think have not expressed myself clear enough. I wasn't talking about the actual diseases, but of the pictures you still have in your head when you hear the word vampire or werewolf. I guess it was unclear that I was talking about the connotative meaning and not the denotative. Many people this day know of these diseases, so there isn't that much of a belief to destroy. :) It's about breaking through the patterns of thought.

Guilmon: I didn't say I hate Digimon. All I said is that it's not the unique, never seen before characters, as well as the innovative storyline is not the main factor keeping me in front of the screen. But this doesn't mean I don't enjoy watching something I've seen a thousand times before. It's all about how things are put together. I enjoy watching Digimon very much, which is one of the reasons I joined.
oh ok then*eats random pizza slice*can you imagine though who would be stupid enough to join this if they dispised digimon?? lol
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Actually, there are people who join communities and try to sabotage them from within. A terrible waste of time and human resources...
And here's something that'll never let you be in doubt about my addiction to Digimon again. j/k Wink
thats it???all i got was a download for megaupload!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Lets have a look at this download...

W00T!!!

*grin*
Guilmon nd a Shotgun!! Wrote:thats it???all i got was a download for megaupload!
Yea, just covers. Did you expect a video tesimony of me stating how much I like Digimon? Hmm, if I think about it... lol
I liked Digimon as a kid, loved watching it as a kid. But sometimes I wish they would take my old favorite cartoons and put like an anime twist on it ya know. Like now enjoy blood spilling animes and such. Like when the evil digimon come to the real world as I saw they hardly did shit. They didnt kill anyone. I'd like to see'um just go and tear shit up. In my opinion Season three was the only one that actually made me go, oh damn.
The OCA