Join our server on Discord

Zanea's Tales.
The Planet of Zanea... Centuries ago in the main continent of Yam, the magic order of the Cinneah tribe in the west of the Bazuni Islands discovered new knowledge of special technology called ‘science’. People couldn’t believe this, there could be more to know about metal than just weapons and armor!
Many mages of Cinneah thus became scientists, they focused on producing thingamajigs they called ‘machines’ so they could all live in comfort. Years made this prosperous and the population was happy, machine and men worked as one for the betterment of the latter.

Although this didn’t leave the high council of Cinneah’s Wizards and Shaman’s pleased, mostly Shamans’. ‘Science’ was unfortunately leaving their once beautiful land covered in ashes from the machinery, the forests perished, the rivers became polluted with the improperly disposed metal and the animals became lot more vicious against men.

Scientists held that they weren’t responsible for this, and that science was the door to humanity’s future; ignoring the elders’ warning, scientists continued working with machines.

The magic order though, made their work harder, as they all cut the former mages, now scientists’ magic powers, which had once allowed them to work so fast and advance at the alarming rate they were. This formed a conflict between sciences and magics that durated over a whole century with Magicians and Science Men fighting against each other, breaking the Cinneah tribe into two tribes, one living in the Western aforementioned section of the Bazuni Islands, from then on known as Cinn inhabited by the primitive tribe, holder of the magic, and the Eastern part of the twin islands, the country founded as Zeilas where the technologic tribe, holder of the science resided. The conflict came to an end eventually, the scientists had suddenly stopped being aggressors, and conflict seemingly had ended.

Were it not for the Magic order’s confidence, that the scientists had developed enough knowledge to create automated soldiers they named ‘Robots’. These machines were used as deploy units, generally not for any offensive move, but actually as spies. Months passed until one of the spies returned with what the scientists wanted.

The Orb of the Damned. The sphere that was used to apply justice, the Orb would take the damned’s magic and convert him or her into a normal human, making them plainly powerless creatures without any weapons or armor to protect themselves. The scientists tried to reverse the effect, so the curse the Magic order had placed on them would inverse roles. However, the power of the Orb was far too great for their ‘science’ to hold.
The Orb broke into million pieces with a huge explosion, the laboratory where the scientists had been working in was obliterated in the overwhelming blast, and the whole technologic tribe was wiped out from the intense power that was released there.

The primitive tribe, now named as Cinn, cheered for this achievement. They celebrated two days and two nights; however, at the end of the second night, an ambitious Mage, called Mobius, wandered out with his followers to the place where ‘science’ had been destroyed while the others’ were distracted, celebrating. Mobius found the scraps and corpses lying everywhere, the humans there all rotting in their own blood, he was surprised about the technology more than the carnage though. “Even though I have always sided with my own beliefs, I must admit, technology is, or should I say, was impressive.” He observed, checking all the machines, the tall man, hooded in a purple cape and holding a crystal staff moved around the wrecked place, until he found a working machine out of all the non working ones, “I wonder…”

Six months later, Mobius found himself in his alcove. He had changed, he didn’t wear a cape anymore. He wore a strange, odd looking outfit. Mobius had a lab now, located in the country of Cinn, at a remotely located town, but his magical books and such were still there. He wasn’t a Mage now, neither a Scientist; Mobius had become something different altogether, and the first Alchemist in Zanea.

However, Alchemy, the mixture of magic with science, no matter how outstanding it was, the Elixir of Life, the Philosopher’s Stone, the secrets of the very origin of the life itself… it came with a price. His magic just wasn’t strong to keep the machines working for more time than they could afford to, he was very tired of these machines and kept his studies into simpler things, such as studying the Monsters that had infested their lands since the dawn of science.

Many days and nights later, Mobius found himself in an explosion in one of his experiments; Mobius had changed again after this, and in more ways than just one. He was in the search of answers to how animals’ abilities could work in humans. Mobius body was affected by the explosion in such way; he would never be the same.
“What- what has happened to me?” the man asked himself as the dust from the explosion had cleared. Suddenly, he realized though, his eyes’ pupils were vertical, his skin was green, his skin wasn’t even skin anymore, his body was covered with scales, this much being proved by his own reflection in one of his importunately placed body mirrors “I am… I am a monster!” he yelled, and then suddenly he punched the mirror where he was seeing his reflection, “No! Alchemy has betrayed me! My very creation!” he cursed growling loudly, but soon he noticed his arm, the arm he had used to destroy the mirror, “What?” he said, then checked his green arm, it was surprisingly not thin anymore, it was full of… sinewy bulk… muscle, bulging greatly no less. He stopped his rage to start to ponder and self-reflect, “It is true that the strength of a Drake monster is far greater than that of a hundred men together. Animals… monsters… they are the same. Men are an animal… but I am not a man anymore, nor a monster…” Mobius spoke in his thoughts. “I must look onto this more thoroughly…”

And so, the former human started going deeper in his studies about science, his Magic hadn’t left him even though his body shape had changed, he believed that Alchemy hadn’t betrayed him over time, but had gifted him and had made him superior to the rest of the common humans.
People in the remote town of Rem started to worry, nobody was seeing Mobius anymore, and if he did come out, he was always covered.

One day, a girl named Sarah went inside Mobius’ hut on the alcove, she had secretly been admiring the young man from some time already. The girl ventured inside but was greeted by an arm that seized her by the neck, the big and strong limb held her tightly against something even bigger. There was the now lizard-like Mobius, he was holding her while darkly grinning, “What are you doing here, little Sarah?” he asked with a strange accent.
“Wh-what?! Who are you?!” Sarah scaredly asked.
“I am Mobius” the lizard smirked as his muzzle nuzzled her neck in a threatening way.
“Ahhh… M-Mobius? P-please let me down.”
Mobius thought for a moment, he had known Sarah for some time, not a friendly guy he was, but he knew that this girl could be trusted, “Very well, but when you tell me your concern with me in my house, you may leave.”
As Sarah turned around, she was amazed to see Mobius’ face, “Y-you.. you… you are…”
“A Dragon” he grinned darkly again, as the clothes behind him moved to reveal two large wings.
“Wh-why have you left town?” Sarah asked.
“That is not of your concern,” he said, before spinning and giving his large back to her.
“B-but! You- you can not be…”
“You are seeing me now, are you not?”
“I…” Sarah stopped, he had stopped to admire the reptilian person. Was it really possible that magic would allow a person to assimilate a monster’s form? “What magic did you,”
“It was not magic” Mobius interrupted, “It was Alchemy, my dear.”
“Alchemy? What is that?”
“That is a secret, but no matter, soon, we will all be the same. We will be one. Or should I say, you’ll all be me” he grinned even wider.
At this, Sarah was shocked, “What did you just say?!”
“I am tired of humanity. You, brainless monkeys, always destroying everything you touch. Hurting each other over petty things like material belongings.”
“You are talking nonsense Mobius! Explain yourself at once!”
“I am going to get rid of all of Cinn, devour people’s spiritual strength and become a perfect entity, which will be able to destroy and resurrect this land.”
“You can not kill us all! You have to be joking!” Sarah screamed in distress, getting scared.
“I can, and I will. After all the humans are wiped out, they will all be raised from their graves, the mother earth, into beings like me. The perfect harmony between nature and man. Monsters, as we once called them, are creatures of knowledge, animals that have evolved. I have evolved too, and I’m going to help you all do the same!”
Sarah started backing off, “I have to tell the elders, you have gone mad!”
Unfortunately, as she was leaving, the door closed, Mobius grabbed her from behind again, "And you’ll be the first, my dear."
"No! NOOOOO!!"
The scream was heard in whole Cinn, before an eerie silence surrounded the area.

"All of you… are going to die."

And then the panic struck… like lighting in a storm. Unexpected, and disastrous. Rem, as predicted, was completely eradicated from the Bazuni Islands along with its former sister, the technologic tribe in Zeilas which had disappeared in the Orb’s disaster. Only a single being surged from the ashes of Rem, which was Mobius, his aura simply was filled with hatred, the souls of the dead wandered all over Cinn from then on. Mobius then left the Bazuni Islands in a single flight and headed out to the main land, never to be seen again, until...

------------------------

Long intro? No kiddin'.

So you see this cool guy harassing everything, he's ready to finish us all off if we don't stop him before he grows stronger than he already is.

------------------------

Word has spread of cities being destroyed by an uber powerful monster, a group of mercenaries has been hired to go and check the destroyed city of Glittarn. These people would be sent to survey the area and come back to their base city called 'Sin Town' with any news of this.

------------------------

The RPG allows only Humans, no anthros, no digimon, no animals. Only humans, either male or female, it neither allows sex.

The game will consist in our clan, guild, group, whatever you want to call it, going into missions Final Fantasy Tactics style.

Now, I'll be clear when I say that all the rules I've written in this RPG pad apply here too.

Hope to hear from all the interested ones soon!

------------------------

Long intro? No kiddin'.

So you see this cool guy harrassing everything, he's ready to finish us all off if we don't stop him before he grows stronger than he already is.

------------------------

Word has spread of cities being destroyed by an uber powerful monster, a group of mercenaries has been hired to go and check the destroyed city of Glittarn. These people would be sent to survey the area and come back to their base city called 'Sin Town' with any news of this.

------------------------

The RPG allows only Humans, no anthros, no digimon, no animals. Only humans, either male or female, it neither allows sex.

The game will consist in our clan, guild, group, whatever you want to call it, going into missions Final Fantasy Tactics style.

Now, I'll be clear when I say that all the rules I've written in this RPG pad apply here too.

Enemies & Battle:

I'll control all the monsters. Each time we battle I'll prepare a special battle field you'll be surprised to see. I'll explain everything in the tutorial.

Last thing-

This RPG won't start until February. So this will give you time to prepare your profile, think of anything straight, ask any questions you might want to know and lastly, send your Character to me and see if I approve you to join or not.

Due to events concerning DMX's work, this time period has been extended. This RPG won't start until near the end of February.

Till then, people, this stays locked. You are free to PM me with the profiles, questions, etcetera.

Hope to hear from all the interested ones soon!
[Image: FearthatPlushy.jpg]
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Alright, I'm really sorry to say this, but the RP will have to be postponed for another month. I sadly got an obligatory added month of work. Keep sending your profiles though! And be sure to ask questions the soonest you can, I'll respond them the fastest I can!
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Well, hi hi guys! I'm finally back from work for good. And so this RPG shall start.

Before we can do anything, I'll update you with something:

I won't have a character for the party. So it'll be you against my tactician mind! MWAHAHAHAHA! *

Alright, I'm going to start the tutorial soon for all the interested ones. Before I do so, I need a single okay from a minimum of one person. After his or her post, I'll start.

The tutorial will be like this: I'll be posting a lesson, in the end, I'll ask if somebody needs to ask a question, that's how you'll learn to play this. At first, it'll be a bit complicated, but you'll get the hand of it quick and it'll be both fun and easy.

Okay, whoever wants me to start with the tutorial, leave a post, starting... NOW!

* Which actually sucks, but for a second, that sounded scary.
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Uhm.... leaving a post here. I demand, TUTORIAL! *slams fist on desk*
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Good, then let's start with the first lesson.

Lesson 1: Battle Field.

Explanation: Here's where I'll uncover my little work over text. I've designed a battle field in a manner of a chess table, if you ever played Fire Emblen, Shining Force, or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance, you'll be familiar in some way.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] A
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] B
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] C
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] D
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] E
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] F
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] G
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] H
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] I
[ ][ ][ ][ ][M][ ][ ][ ][ ] J
-1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9

Legend:

M: Mar.

[]: Empty Panel.

Quite easy huh? I just use Mar as a reference, he's not going to participate, but this is where battles shall take place. Do you like it? You don't? Well, screw you!

*Ehkem* I mean, any questions?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Looks simple enough... No questions here.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
Cool, if anybody else does have questions, ask by PM.

Lesson Two: Movement.

This is how I'll explain how you'll move.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][^][ ][ ][ ][ ] F
[ ][ ][ ][^][^][^][ ][ ][ ] G
[ ][ ][<][<][M][>][>][ ][ ] H
[ ][ ][ ][V][V][V][ ][ ][ ] I
[ ][ ][ ][ ][V][ ][ ][ ][ ] J

Legend:

^, V, < and >: Movement Range.

Basically, you can move everywhere you want, but you have limited amount of spaces you can move per turn, and all characters move in the same manner, except of any bonus effect from Abilities.

To Move, simply post something like this:

Mar moves to H5.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][M][ ][ ][ ][ ] H
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ] J

It'll end like that. Easy, huh?

But before anything can happen, I must repost the map to change movement. Don't worry, I'll always handle the map. You only post your character's actions!

Any questions?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
Nope, no problems there for me. This seems actually quite easy to understand.
Gabumon Loverz
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The OCA
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds
I'm gonna apologize in advance for how messy the field looks like. I thought the text was going to go ahead the same I had posted it before... well, hope this doesn't discourage people from coming.

Lesson Three: Battle.

GM's Post.

[ ][ ][ ][ ][H][ ][ ][ ][ ] C
[ ][ ][ ][ ][M][ ][ ][ ][ ] I

H: Horace (Goblin).

HP: 15.
MP: 0.
Atk: 3.
Def: 1.

HP: 30.
MP: 10.
Atk: 6.
Def: 1.

Player's Post.

Mar moves to G5.

Mar waits.

GM's Post.

Horace moves to F5.
[ ][ ][ ][ ][H][ ][ ][ ][ ] F
[ ][ ][ ][ ][M][ ][ ][ ][ ] G

Horace attacks Mar!

Player's Post.

(My reaction) Mar takes (3Dmg from Horace's strike minus 2 from Mar's Def equals 1Dmg) 1Dmg!

Mar's HP: 29.

(You can follow up quickly here without yourself having to say it's the Foe's end of turn)

Mar attacks Horace!

GM's Post.

Horace takes (6Dmg from Mar's strike minus 1 from Horace's Def equals 5Dmg) 5Dmg!

Horace HP: 10.

R-Ability: Horace Counters! (Reactions are failproof)

Player's Post.

Mar takes 1Dmg!

Mar's HP: 28.

--------------

And the post doesn't end till either the Player's Character acts or waits, you can move once per post, but you can't if you just acted and the one subjected to your action hasn't made a reaction. To put it simple: When you use the 'Wait' Command, it lets you move on your next post.
The only exception to this is if you have used an A-Ability that only your character must react to. (I.e: Boost, First Aid, Cure ((On your character alone)), Defense, Conceal, etc). This also applies if you use Items on your character only.

You write your own character's actions and reactions, I do the same for the enemies only.

Any questions?
Shadow Dragon Pack (SDP)
The Mod Squad
well this is definitely like tactics...only...much slower... but this will be fun to play as a group!(i did that on tactics with a few friends...it was sweet!)