Join our server on Discord

Gennai :?:
When the eight children from our generation were chosen, the Dark Masters got wind of the group's plans, and led a brutal attack on them, killing them all, save for Gennai. Gennai - then a young man - battled with Piedmon, but during the conflict, Piedmon inserted a small black sphere into Gennai's back.

Ok I totaly forgot about this when I thirst wached Digimon but what the hell was that black sphere? whats it for? the enciklopedia dosent give much explanaition so I thought I ask you guys and girls?
Well, nothing, really, as far as I know. There isn't much room for even any kind of speculation save for the fact that in the second season he is younger. One could argue it caused him to age/deteriorate and it took time to be reversed as well. That is the only possible explanation, unless, it was somehow removed from the show.
Does it play any greater role in the Japanese version?
I was merely sepculating, so I really doubt it.
I suppose you are right, jut wondering man they sure do like to keep things secret.
There's no real answer to that ball thing. Not yet. No idea but it might have helped with his aging.
Was it one of Azulongmon's dealies from the second season?
[Image: AppealtoReason.jpg]
"I looked up and saw you;
I know that you saw me.
We froze but for a moment
In empathy."-Rise Against
It looks like it it was a plot device that they never got around to using before the Adventures universe was discontinued.
Truly sad, too. The Adventure series kicked ass!
That's what we call a plothole. Please make sure not to step in it.