Join our server on Discord

Lord of the Flies(film/redux idea)
I'm not going to shoot holes in your idea either but I would have thought Wise would do that for me. But hey, If done right, it may work.
(02-18-2010 11:23 AM)Wisemon Wrote: I'm feeling generous, and you're not being a jerk here, so I'm not going to bash your idea for the many reasons I could.

Then I will.

First, digest this little bit of info.

Ideas are like assholes. Everybody's got one. Just because you can put pencil to paper doesn't make you James Cameron. Producers will only like a movie that's guaranteed to double their investments, and this will almost always not come from a student just entering college, unless John Hughes' spirit is possessing your body. With the laws today, however, I doubt you'd be able to make a movie with a bunch of half-naked preteens, anyway.

A third remake of a movie based on a novel isn't such a great idea. It's been done before, with usually disastrous results.

And before you say anyone is under qualified or whatever, Uwe Boll holds a doctorate in literature. He's a Doctor of Literature. DOCTOR. It doesn't matter how shitty his movies are, he holds the title of DOCTOR BOLL. That's a strong title. He also has a resume to refer to.

Sorry to kill your dreams, but that's what I am; a dream-killer. And if you were at me college, there is a teacher here (Who is actually talking to the class as I type this) who will utterly destroy your dreams. He knows what he's talking about.
[Image: WalkingEye-1.jpg]

No super-villain can resist the temptation of a Walking Eye.
The OCA
On top of this, you need to know people to even speak to any of these companies and not get laughed at, qualified or not.
(02-19-2010 09:20 AM)AetherRose Wrote: On top of this, you need to know people to even speak to any of these companies and not get laughed at, qualified or not.

I know that. I have an idea for a real good dark film. I'm not sure, if this would even be a good pitch or not.
Don't forget that unless I'm mistaken there is a screenwriters guild you have to be part of before most companies will take notice of you.
Renamon's Army
The OCA
Gabumon Loverz
(02-19-2010 11:09 AM)grandphoenix1 Wrote:
(02-19-2010 09:20 AM)AetherRose Wrote: On top of this, you need to know people to even speak to any of these companies and not get laughed at, qualified or not.
I know that. I have an idea for a real good dark film. I'm not sure, if this would even be a good pitch or not.
Thats not what he meant, it doesn't matter what idea you have you'll still need connections with people in the movie industry to get an informed opinion on how good it is. Plus, if the person does think it's good enough, they may recommend it to some of their other movie friends.

Everyone has ideas friend, not everyone has the means of making them into reality.
UnknownH Wrote:We do have soap and smarter doctors now
Yay!
Renamon's Army
Veemon's Followers
The Sabre Clan
Creative Minds